Every Guest stay supports our little Rescue. We all thank you.
Welcome to Sanctuary of the Swan, Wellness Hotel (a hotel alternative), and a farm dating to 1906.
The farm is now a private rescue for swans & GSDs, German Shepherd dogs. Not a 501c3 yet, but every dollar helps.
Our Mission: 5 Star Hospitality for our Guests and wildlife; To provide Sanctuary to White Mute Swans, waterfowl, wildlife and a respite to the Human Spirit. We honor our Mother Earth Gaia. We offer 4 unique farm stays.
The Sanctuary is a complete ECO system with oxygen field and bird habitats.
Sanctuary or Nature Reserve : Privately funded & exists for the protection of the natural world. Guests may not venture in on their own, swim, fish, or boat in the Sanctuary as the swans and wildlife are protected, and it is a safety hazard for both.
Instead, you're invited to attend guided feedings several times each week.
Of course, we are not responsible for changes in weather, temperature, seasons, water levels, or the wildlife/waterfowl that appear daily.
Rules for Peaceful Stay:
1.Liability & Safety: Guests are invited to attend daily swan & koi feedings inside the Sanctuary along with a member of staff. Please let us know when you wish to attend. Guests, adults, children, and dogs have free access to areas above gates into Nature Sanctuary on both sides of the main farmhouse. Guests have access to the main parking lot, large stone front porch for hanging out, private balcony at Cabin for Cabin rental, front yard and side yard for dog walking.
2. Children: Children are welcome on daily swan & Koi feedings accompanied by parents & staff. Parents may be required to sign a waiver of responsibility for children/Ins Co requirement. (Ins. Co requirement). Area offers skate park, ice cream parlor, horseback riding & hiking, rock climbing only 2 miles away, 3 amusement parks, historic train ride, etc. We provide fold-out bedding set-ups $25 highchairs, port-a-crib $25, baby bathtub and soothing sound machines. No glitter. Parents, please contact us prior to booking with ages of your children so that we may make your stay special. Children remain with their parents. Children may not play in halls, stairs or doorways. Remove diapers to trash daily.
3. Smoking: All Accommodations are Non-smoking inside, but smoking is permitted outside.
4. Dogs: We LOVE all dogs and they are very welcome in all accommodations except our SwanSanctuaryLuxury, the LUX. Low cost Kennel rentals & dog sitting available as well. We accept 1-2 vaccinated & house broken dogs. bed coverings, sanitizing, cleaning, and fumigation broken dogs per stay over 1 year of age. Dog owners, contact us PRIOR to booking. Dog fees are $150 or $99 per dog per month, including dog proofing of all furniture, (BYOB: All dog owners are invited to Bring Your Own Bedding (or linens) and pay only $99/month for Dog Proofing & Cleaning. ) A REFUNDABLE security DP of $150 is required. (Some poor dogs are never taken outside.) Due to insurance companies, we may not accept all breeds and there are a few hoops to go through. We will do our best to accommodate your pup. We require 1 page of veterinary paperwork for age & updated vaccines PRIOR to check-in. Like a hotel, your dog may be left alone providing they are inside a kennel, your dog has acclimated & you will return in a reasonable period of time (No more than 6 hours without a dog sitter, please.) They may not bark uncontrollably while you are away. If you plan to be away longer, make arrangements, in advance, so your pup is comfortable. (Low cost Dog sitting may be available. Just ask.) There are 2 yards for dog walking. Leash dogs outside & in common areas. Pick up poops, take your pup outside at least 3 times each day. Owners required to sign a statement that your pup is potty-trained and is not aggressive (below) for insurance purposes as well. Your dog may not enter the Swan Rescue area. We do not accept any other type of pets. (Cat sitting hotel located near by.) Owners must identify their dogs as pets SDs or TDs prior to booking which does take a great deal of time to prepare for. All bedding, furniture coverings, etc are provided for each dog stay. We remove every piece of dander and hair which goes up walls & throughout each home to prepare for the next Guest. Dog owners with an ESA do not have to disclose this information for us to accept your dog. We gladly accept Service Dogs, TD, ESAs & pets. But, we do not provide free services for your animal. Owners requesting $149 free services paid for & performed by another by telling us your dog is "certified" are subject to additional questions and discount limitations.
Unauthorized & unapproved dogs or pets – An emergency cleaning crew will remove cat & dog dander and hair at a cost above $1,000. Damaged items including leather furnishings, wooden doorways, walls, etc. will be repaired at your expense. Cat damages easily exceed $10,000.
5. Quiet time: Due to most people working from home, quiet time is 24 hrs per day. Inside voices please. Otherwise, have fun!
6. Trash & Recycle: Remove all, including open bottles daily. Trash is along the street. Recycle is along the driveway. Trash bags are provided for you. Kindly do not infest property by piling up your trash/recycle waste.
7. Well: We use an expensive filtration system on the property to ensure top quality water for you. No chemical soup here. We use 2 large, 10 yr filters, 1-micron & 5-micron filters. Still, you may see a trace amount of yellow from iron in our water due to storms that travel through our well. We are an ECO Reserve. If you run the water extensively in an attempt to remove iron and turn water orange, the well is damaged. Emergency charges for filter replacement can be as high as $300. You did choose an ECO Nature Reserve.
8. Fighting: No fighting, loud arguing, or violence.
9. Responsibility: You are responsible for the actions of everyone in your party. It is your responsibility to notify me of any issue that may arise during your stay concerning your services, accommodations, another guest, etc. We can only resolve a situation if it is brought to our attention.
10. Respect: Respect the rights to peace & quiet enjoyment of ALL others, including your Host. If you need anything, please let us know. Few things are an emergency after 9pm. We are not a concierge service. But, we will be our best to assist you & your concerns.
11. ID & Security: Present Govt ID when you arrive. We keep a copy of it for your security and safety during your stay. It is destroyed when you leave.
12. Arrival: No initial arrivals after 9pm. We do not want to disturb other Guests. After initial arrival, all Guests come and go as they please.
13. Utilities: We are an ECO Nature Reserve. Please remember our Mother, Gaia. Please use bins in sinks while washing dishes vs letting water run. Water is a limited resource. A/C units, heaters, lights, etc. should not be running in your absence, unless essential for your comfort. Please remember our Mother, Gaia. Guests may be fined up to $30 per day for running A/C units, Heaters, and lights while completely inappropriate.
All kitchens have Fans. We provide sound machines. Kitchen and bath exhaust fans remove odors. They are not sound machines. If run constantly, they only serve to remove all heat and air conditioning from homes. Guests may be charged up to $40 per day for running exhaust fans.
14. Appliances: Several appliances are provided for your use. No other additional appliances may be brought to your rental.
15. Security: Lock your doors. Your security is important.
16. Safety: Use lights on all stairs, indoor & outdoor, after dark. Safety 1st please.
17. Pay It Forward Cleaning: CLEANING+CHOICE. Your accommodation is to be returned to it's original condition when you depart, less cleaning. This was always your responsibility. You pay a low cleaning fee. But, the actual cost of cleaning & sanitizing your home is $150 or $30 per hour. Prior to your departure, we will send simple check out instructions. Guests simply clean up after themselves. We do all the rest. Guests put towels in laundry basket, wash dishes & leave used dishes, pots & pans, etc. out for sanitizing, wipe down any used counters & appliances, take out trash and recycle and take all of your belongings and food with you. These procedures are simple & all that we require. If you can't complete them, please let us know. Our cleaning crew can perform these chores on your behalf at a rate of $30 per hour. The following items are also billable at $30 per hour: 1)washing your dishes 2)wiping down appliances & counters 4)taking out your trash & recycle 4)removing your food & belongings 5)A/C unit(s) running (automatic charge of $30/day.).
18. Plumbing: Guests may not flush wipes, "flushable wipes", baby wipes, feminine products, ice packs or any inorganic matter down drains. Pipes date to the 1930's. Guests may not alter plumbing fixtures or remove strainers. Guests will be responsible for emergency plumbing repair for flushed prohibited items, altered plumbing fixtures and clogged drains.
19. Vehicles: One car per guest or couple. If you need an exception or have an oversized vehicle, please contact us in advance.
20. Candles: No candles, NONE. We have provided battery operated candles.
21. Storage: If you need to store any large item such as a trailer or bike, please contact us in advance.
22. Injury: No unsafe actions of any kind that can result in injury to yourself, others or damage.
23. Additional Guests: Additional guests are fine, providing you get our authorization without our prior knowledge & permission due to safety and security of all Guests. Unauthorized Guests are most welcome. Your Guests stay at a cost of only $7- 8. per evening per guest + $25 bed set up charge. We simply need to know they are coming. Unauthorized Guests are charged $50 per evening.
24. Emergency: In case of emergency, ring phone number.
25. Weapons & Illegal Activity: NO weapons, illegal drugs, or illegal activity of any kind, including fraud. Mail delivery to our address is fraud.
26. Mail: You may never receive your mail or grocery delivery as this is a temporary home. Package delivery is fine for long term guests. There are alternatives, just ask.
27.Check-out: Checkout time is at 11:00am unless you have made other arrangements. Checkout after 12pm, will require an additional day charge.
28. WIFI: We offer high speed 5G wifi internet by Tmobile. We also offer Netflix, Dish, Amazon Prime and Hulu. It is wifi and not a wired connection. Gaming is better with a wired connection. You can't force a city fiber connection into a beautiful Country setting.
29. STR: Please note that your stay here does not constitute, imply, or form a lease or contract. We provide Short Term Rentals or STR’s, less than 1 yr. Guests who live locally are limited to stays under 28 days (please contact us prior to booking). All other Guests are limited to stays, 60-100 days. We are not landlords. You are not a tenant when you rent an STR. You cannot make an application for an apartment or home by renting a STR. We do not rent any accommodations to tenants. Your STR ends on the final day of your pd stay. Your stay will not convert to a lease.
30. Snow & Ice: We use 3rd party services to clear lots. We are on a rotation. They will be here as soon available. It is impossible for them to provide clearing services specific to your work schedule. We do provide snow blower, rock salt and shovels to help you. Guests are responsible for removal of their own vehicles from snow & ice and then ice removal around vehicles. We do not clear near personal vehicles, just lots.
31. 3rd Party Services: We provide top-of-the-line services available in our area. However, we are limited to what is available. We are not responsible for the delivery, quality, and timing of each 3rd party service as we are not the provider. These include but are not limited to Dish, WiFi, Trash, Recycle, snow plowing, etc. We will certainly intervene to ensure you receive the highest quality service available from the provider.
32. Laundry & Linens: Unlike a hotel, an STR does not provide clean towels daily. Please Launder those provided to you. A coin opp laundry room is here for Guests staying one week or more. We can also provide you with change. Fee is $25 for fresh set of towels or sheets.
33. Plant & Party: Guests may make no physical alternations to buildings, inside or out, including furnishings, equipment, plumbing, wifi, doors, windows, etc.
34. Commercial Photography: We provide Location Services with our swans & pond, perfect for engagements, anniversaries, etc. Commercial photographers welcome, but must contact us for pricing, etc. in advance.
Many thanks for Reading our Rules for Kindness & Peace. Please enjoy the Quiet of your stay. We are here to answer your questions and concerns, always.
Kindness & Wellness Policy: Verbal harassment, abusive behavior, foul language, threats & fraud are unwelcome. We reserve the right to decline or terminate a reservation when our Rules for Kindness & Peace are broken without notice or refund. Aggressive behavior will not equal refund.
I agree to these Rules for my Peaceful Stay.
I will be responsible for my children.
I will be responsible for my dog.
My dog is not aggressive.
If I enter the Sanctuary, I do so at my own risk. I agree not to hold Sanctuary of the Swan, it’s owners or staff, liable for any injury that may result.
extended stay hotel extended stay america extended hotel
hotel hotels airbnb sanctuaryoftheswan Wellness swansanctuary spa
SanctuaryoftheSwan.com House Rules/House Manual rolled into 1 otherwise known as:
Sanctuary of the Swan Wellness Resort Hotel
Sanctuary of the Swan Wellness Resort Hotel Rugby Road, Birdsboro, PA
Copyright © 2020 Sanctuaryoftheswan - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder
This website bakes cookies.