Welcome to Sanctuary of the Swan, 1906 farm now Micro Nature Reserve & Unique Farm Stay
Our Mission: 5* HOSPITALITY FOR OUR GUESTS. We are a Respite for the Human Spirit while we also provide a Sanctuary to White Mute Swans, heron & Wildlife. We aid in the rescue & training of GSD’s (German Shepherd Dogs) for our Veterans in need. We honor our Mother Earth Gaia. We offer Respite, Peace and Serenity in a chaotic world.
Our Micro nature reserve is a complete ECO system with oxygen field and bird habitats. We help maintain an organic water source along a section of Heister’s creek for the surrounding wildlife population. We provide a supplemental source of nutritional food daily for waterfowl. We assist in the rescue, care and placement of waterfowl. We assist with the rescue, care and placement of GSD’s (German Shepherd Dogs) in need for Veterans in need. We are a giving organization.
Kindness: We offer the healing energy of nature minutes away from highway and city. Verbal harassment, abusive behavior, foul language, threats & fraud is not ok. It disrupts the peace of our Guests. We reserve the right to decline or terminate a reservation for serious violation of our kindness policy or Violation of House Rules below, without refund.
Nature Reserve Definition: A nature reserve is privately funded & exists for the protection of the natural world. Guests are not permitted to enter on their own, swim, fish or boat in the reserve as the swans and wildlife are protected and it is an absolute safety hazard for both you, the Guest, and the wildlife. Instead, Guests are invited to attend guided swan & koi feedings several times each week. We are not responsible for changes in weather, temperature, seasons, or water or the wildlife that appears daily.
HOUSE RULES/HOUSE MANUAL The following House Rules for the protection & peace of all our Amazing Guests.
1.Liability & Safety: Guests are invited to attend daily swan & koi feedings inside the Sanctuary along with a member of staff. Please let us know when you wish to attend. Guests, Adults, children and dogs have free access to areas above gates into Nature Sanctuary on both sides of the main farmhouse. This gives Guests access to the main parking lot, large stone front porch for hanging out, private balcony at Cabin for Cabin rental, front yard and side yard for dog walking.
Security Deposit: We cannot accept Direct Booking, Airbnb or VRBO reservations without a REFUNDABLE Security DP of $100 just like a hotel. An additional $100 REFUNDABLE security DP for Guests with SPA stays or dogs. We thank you for your kind understanding.
2. Children: We charge $45 KIDS CLEAN-UP FEE per family per stay in addition to our very low cleaning costs. Children are welcome on daily swan & Koi feedings accompanied by parents & staff. Parents are required to sign waiver of responsibility for children/ Co requirement. Sorry for the intrusion. Area offers skate park, petting zoo, farm petting zoo, homemade ice cream parlor, horseback riding & hiking only 2 miles away and 3 amusement parks, historic train ride, etc. We provide fold-out bedding set-ups, highchairs, port-a-cribs and soothing sound machines. No glitter. Parents please contact us prior to booking with ages of your children. Children must remain with their parents. Children may not play in halls, stairs or doorways. It is dangerous. Children may not disturb Guests. Children may not be unattended. No baby wipes, diapers, etc. in 1930’s plumbing. Diapers must be removed daily.
3. Smoking: All Accommodations are Non-smoking inside, but smoking is permitted outside on front porches or Cabin Balcony.
4. Dogs: We LOVE dogs and they are very welcome in all accommodations except our SwanSanctuaryLuxury, the LUX. Kennel rentals & dog sitting available as well. We accept 1-2 vaccinated & house broken dogs per stay over 1 year of age. Dog owners, contact us PRIOR to booking. Dog fees are $150 or $99 per dog per month includes dog proofing of all furniture, bed coverings, sanitizing, cleaning, and fumigation. (BYOB: All dog owners are encouraged to Bring Their Own Bedding (or linens) and Pay only $99/month for Dog Proofing & Cleaning. ) A REFUNDABLE security DP of $100 is required. Due to insurance companies, we may not accept all breeds and there are a few hoops to go through. We will do our best to accommodate your pup. We require 1 page of veterinary paperwork for age & updated vaccines PRIOR to check-in. Like a hotel, your dog may be left alone in an apartment/cabin providing they are inside a kennel & you will return within 6 hours. However, dogs may not disturb the peace of others. They may not bark uncontrollably while you are away. If you plan to be away longer, make arrangements, in advance, so your pup is comfortable. There are 2 yards for dog walking. Leash dogs in common areas and outside, pick up poops, take dogs outside to potty 4x per day. Owners required to sign a statement that your pup is potty-trained and is not aggressive (below) for insurance purposes as well. Your dog may not enter the nature reserve. Pet owners are responsible for Dog “accidents”. We do not accept any other type of pets. Owners must identify their dogs as pets SDs or TDs prior to booking which does take a great deal of time to prepare for. All bedding, furniture coverings, etc are provided for each dog stay. We remove every piece of dander and hair which goes up walls & throughout each home to prepare for the next Guest. Dog owners with an ESA do not have to disclose this information for us to accept your dog. We gladly accept Service Dogs, TD, ESAs & pets. But, we do not provide free services for your animal. Owners requesting $149 free services paid for & performed by another by telling us your dog is "certified" are subject to additional questions and discount limitations.
DEAR DOG OWNERS: While you’re here, we ask that you care for your dog, simply meaning that you vacuum, trim your dog’s nails, AND brush your dog. Your $100 dog fee only covers $3 hrs of hair & dander removal. You will be responsible for the remainder of the bill & damage from claws. $100 does NOT cover 6 hours of vacuuming and refinishing doors & fumigation. Responsible dog owners please. Thank you for your understanding. We never want to bill you for cleaning & damage.
Unauthorized & unapproved dogs or pets – We will not clean up after Guests who bring an unauthorized animals into our rentals. We contact an emergency cleaning crew. They remove cat & dog dander and hair at a cost above $2,000. Damaged items including leather furnishings, wooden doorways, walls, floors, carpets, radiators filled with urine, etc will all be replaced at your expense. Cat damages easily exceed $10,000.
5. Quiet time: Due to most people working from home, quiet time is Now 24 hrs per day. We love dogs, but they cannot bark throughout the day or night. Quiet time is always in effect.
6. Trash & Recycle: Remove all , including open bottles daily. If you infest property with vermin, you are responsible for it’s restoration. Trash is along the street. Recycle is along the driveway. Trash bags are provided for you.
7. Well: We use an expensive filtration system on the property to ensure top quality water for you. No chemical soup here. We use 2 large, 10 yr filters, 1-micron & 5-micron filters. Still, you may see a trace amount of yellow from iron in our water. You CANNOT REMOVE THE YELLOW BY RUNNING & RUNNING THE WATER, YOU ARE ONLY DAMAGING OUR WELL! We are an ECO Retreat. If you consume so much water during your stay as to turn the water orange, you have damaged our well. You will automatically be charged a fee of $500 for someone to come out on an emergency basis to change both 10 yr filters so everyone may again have clean water. Please respect our Mother Gaia. You did choose to stay at an ECO Nature Reserve.
8. Fighting: No fighting, loud arguing or violence of any kind. It disturbs the peace.
9. Responsibility: You are responsible for the actions of everyone in your party including your dog. It is your responsibility to notify me of any issue that may arise during your stay regarding your services, accommodations, cleaning, missing items such as paper towels, another guest, parking, etc. We can only resolve a situation if it is brought to my attention. It is NOT OK to say nothing then destroy us during a review.
10. Respect: Respect the rights to peace & quiet enjoyment of ALL others, including your Host. If you need anything, please let us know.
11. ID & Security: Present Govt ID when you arrive. We keep a copy of it for your security and safety during your stay. It is destroyed when you leave.
12. Arrival: No initial arrivals after 9pm. We do not want to disturb other Guests.
13. Utilities: We are an ECO Nature Reserve. Our Guests are encouraged not to use utilities unless they are necessary. A/C units, heaters, etc. should never be left to run unless it is summer and comfort necessary for all. Guests may not run air conditioners, heaters, irons, water, etc. while not in residence. Please remember our Mother Gaia. Guests may be fined up to $30 per day.
14. ECO: We provide sound machines to our Guests for comfort. Kitchen and bath exhaust fans remove odors ONLY and are not white-noise machines. If run constantly, they only serve to remove all heat and air conditioning from the home. This is an ECO Retreat. Guests may be charged up to $30 per day for running exhaust fans.
15. Security: Lock your doors. Your security is important.
16. Safety: Use lights on all stairs, indoor & outdoor, after dark. Safety 1st please.
17. Pay It Forward Cleaning: CLEANING+CHOICE. Your accommodation is to be returned to it's original condition when you depart. (We don’t expect you to thoroughly clean.) This was always your responsibility. Covid-19 has pushed some responsibility back to the Guests again. Because you don’t want to pay cleaning fees not even for professional Covid-19 sanitizing fees, we have charged you a $29 cleaning fees. The actual cost of cleaning your rented apartment or cottage is $150 or $30 per hour for professional covid-19 sanitizing & cleaning of entire home. At the end of your stay, you simply clean up after you. We do the rest. Leave all your bedding on the bed. Towels in hamper. Wash dishes. Leave them out for sanitizing. Wipe down counters & appliances you have used, inside and out. There should be no food left behind on anything. Take trash & recycle out to respective collection area. Take all of your belongings and food with you. These procedures are simple & all that we require. If you are unable to complete them for any reason, we will do so for you at a cost of $30 per hr.
Thanks to all our Wonderful Guests for their cooperation during this difficult time.
18. Plumbing: Guests may not flush wipes, "flushable wipes", baby wipes or feminine products, or ice packs down drains. Pipes date to the 1930's. Guests may not clog sinks or bathtubs by removing strainers. Guests may not alter plumbing fixtures. Guests will be responsible for emergency plumbing repair for flushed prohibited items, altered plumbing fixtures and clogged drains.
19. Vehicles: One car per guest or couple. If you need an exception or have an oversized vehicle, please contact us in advance.
20. Candles: No candles, NONE. We have provided battery operated candles.
21. Storage: If you need to store any large item such as a trailer or bike, please contact me in advance of reservation.
22. Injury: No unsafe actions of any kind that can result in injury to yourself & others or damage.
23. Additional Guests: No additional guests may be invited without our prior knowledge due to safety and security of all Guests. Additional unauthorized Guests stay at a rate of $8 per evening. $25 for initial bed set up with bedding.
24. Emergency: Few things are an emergency after 9pm. In case of emergency, ring bell on side of home.
25. Weapons & Illegal Activity: NO weapons, illegal drugs, or illegal activity of any kind, including fraudulent activity.
26. Mail: You may never receive your mail or grocery delivery as this is a temporary home.
27.Check-out: Checkout time is at 11:00am unless you have made other arrangements. Failure to checkout by 12pm, will result in an additional day charge.
28. We offer high speed 5G wifi internet by Tmobile. We also offer Netflix, Dish, Amazon Prime and Hulu. It is wifi and not a wired connection. Gaming is not ideal. You can't force a city fiber connection into a beautiful Country setting. We are so much more than a WIFI connection. Our service is expensive and we pay it for you. You are certainly not required to use it. Please feel free to bring your own WIFI device. If this does not meet your needs, there are many hotels in our area.
29. STR: Please note that your stay here does not constitute, imply or form a lease or contract. We provide Short Term Rentals only or STR’s, less than 1 yr. We are not landlords. You are not a tenant when you rent an STR. You cannot make an application for an apartment or home by renting an STR. We do not rent any accommodations to tenants. Your STR ends on the final day that you have paid to stay. You will not be given an option to continue your stay here as a tenant, following your STR. Your stay will not convert to a lease.
30. Snow & Ice: Just like Home. We are not responsible for acts of God. We do not work in the dark or clear near your car. We will clear the lots when the snow stops falling. It is impossible for us to provide clearing services specific to your work schedule. We do provide rock salt and shovels for you. Reasonable expectations regarding mother nature. We will certainly help.
31. 3rd Party Services: We provide you with top-of-the-line services available in our area. However, we are limited to what is available to us. We are not responsible for the delivery, quality and timing of each 3rd party service as we are not the provider. These include but are not limited to Dish, WiFi, Trash, Recycle, snow plowing, etc. We will certainly intervene to ensure you receive the highest quality service available from the provider. But, we cannot be held responsible for the delivery of another provider’s service.
32. Laundry & Linens: Unlike a hotel, an ECO STR does not provide clean towels daily. Launder those provided to you. A coin opp laundry room is here for Guests staying one week or more. We can also provide you with change. Fee is $25 for clean set of towels or sheets in addition to the ones you were already given at check in.
Many thanks for respecting our rules. Please enjoy the Peace & Quiet of your stay. We are here to answer your questions and concerns, always.
I, _________________________________________________, agree to abide
by these rules during my stay. I further agree that I will not enter the nature
reserve without a member of staff.
I, ________________________________________, agree that my
child/children ______________________, ___________________________,
will remain with me at all times during my stay and will not be "unattended"
in any area of the property including the stair well, porches, parking lots, front or side
yards. I will be responsible for my children at all times.
I, _________________________________________________, attest that my
dog is not a pit bull, akita or mastiff or aggressive breed of dog and that my dog has never bitten, attacked anyone and is not aggressive. I will be
responsible for my dog(s) at all times.
I, ________________________________________, understand that if I
choose to enter the nature reserve, I do so at my own risk. Therefore, I agree
not to hold Sanctuary of the Swan, it’s owners or staff liable for any injury I may suffer from voluntarily entering to observe nature.
SanctuaryoftheSwan.com House Rules/House Manual rolled into 1 otherwise known as:
Sanctuary of the Swan Apart hotel Hotels Airbnb
Swan Apart Hotel Rugby Road, Birdsboro, PA
Copyright © 2020 Sanctuaryoftheswan - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder
This website bakes cookies.