Rated 4.9***** Welcome Families Friendly Swan Sanctuary. Children under Two Stay Free
Welcome to Sanctuary of the Swan, a 1906 farm now Micro Nature Reserve or a very Unique Farm Stay. Our Mission: To provide a Sanctuary to White Mute Swans & Wildlife and a temporary respite to the Human Spirit. To aid in the rescue & training of GSD’s (German Shepherd Dogs) for our Veterans in need. We honor our Mother Earth Gaia. We offer Respite, Peace and Serenity in a chaotic world.
Our Micro nature reserve is a complete ECO system with oxygen field with bird habitats. We help maintain an organic water source along a section of Heister’s creek for the surrounding wildlife population. We provide a supplemental source of nutritional food daily for waterfowl. We assist in the rescue, care and placement of waterfowl. We assist with the rescue, care and placement of GSD’s (German Shepherd Dogs) in need for Veterans in need. We are a giving organization. Again, our Mission is to provide Respite, Peace & Serenity for our Guests. Verbal harassment, abusive behavior, foul language, threats & fraud will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to decline a reservation or terminate a reservation for violation of our “Be Kind Policy” and the following House Rules for the protection & peace of all our Amazing Guests.
Nature Reserve Definition: A nature reserve is privately funded & exists for the protection of the natural world. Guests are not permitted to enter on their own, swim, fish or boat in the reserve as the swans and wildlife are protected and it is an absolute safety hazard for both you, the Guest, and the wildlife. Instead, Guests are invited to attend guided swan & koi feedings several times each week. We are not responsible for changes in weather, temperature, seasons, or water.
House Rules & Manual:
1.Liability & Safety: Guests are invited to attend daily swan & koi feedings inside the Sanctuary along with a member of staff. Please let us know when you would like to attend. Guests, Adults, children and dogs have free access to the areas above the gates into the sanctuary on both sides of the main ironstone home. This gives guests access to the main parking lot, large stone front porch for hanging out, private balcony at Cabin for Cabin rental, front yard and side yard for dog walking.
2. Children: While we are not specifically designed with children in mind, they are most welcome on daily Swan & Koi feedings accompanied by parents and staff. Children under the age of 2 stay free. Please note, all accommodations are 2ndfloor. Parents are required to sign waiver of responsibility for children/ Ins Co requirement. Sorry for the intrusion. There is a wonderful skate park, petting zoo (seasonal), ice cream parlor, horseback riding & hiking only 2 miles away and 3 amusement parks within driving distance. We are 45 min from Elmwood Zoo and Amish Lancaster County, Drive In Movie Theatre 1 Hour away, and even an Historic Train Ride 25 minutes away. We provide fold-out bedding set-ups, highchairs, and soothing sound machines for your children. No glitter. To be sure that we can welcome your whole family, parent please contact us prior to booking with ages of your children. We charge $35. Per child per stay over age of 1. Parents remain responsible for leaving space just as they found it. Children must remain with their parents at all times. Children may not play in halls, stairs or doorways. It is dangerous. Children may not disturb other Guests. Children may never be unattended. No baby wipes in 1930’s plumbing. Diapers, like all trash, must be removed daily.
3. Smoking: All Accommodations are Non-smoking inside, but smoking is permitted anywhere outside & on all porches.
4. Dogs: We truly love our Dogs. They are the best of us and so very welcome in both the Victorian & Suite Apartments, but not in the Cottage. 1 Dog per stay, or 2 small dogs, over the age of 2. Due to insurance companies, we may not be able to accept all breeds and there are a few hoops to go through. We will do our best to accommodate your pup. We require veterinary paperwork documenting age & updated vaccines. Dogs remain with you at all times or may be left alone in an apartment providing they are inside a kennel & you will return within 6 hours. Dogs may not disturb the peace of others. If you will be away longer, dog care is available and you. Please make arrangements in advance so your pup is comfortable. Your dog must be leashed at all times, leash laws. You must pick up poops. Owners are required to sign a statement that their dog is not aggressive for insurance purposes as well. We have lots of space to walk your dog in front and side yards & along road. But, your dog may NEVER enter the nature reserve. Pet owners are responsible for all damages & cleaning for which all guests automatically carry a $5,000 security deposit when booked through Airbnb. Dog owners with an ESE, SD or TD must identify as such prior to booking. Owners requesting free services (3 additional hrs of cleaning paid for by another), are subject to additional requirements/questions and max discount limitation. Dog owners, contact me prior to booking. Dog fees are $100 per dog per stay. Fee covers dog proofing, sanitizing & cleaning and fumigation. We remove carpeting & cover expensive leather furniture & bedding so you never suffer a claim. This rate is less than extended stay America. But, they don't give you an entire home, a living room with leather furnishings and they don't dog proof them to prevent a claim for you.
5. Quiet time: Due to the majority of people working from home, quiet time is Now 24 hrs per day. We love or Children & dogs, but there are other Guests to consider that may be working full time or sleeping during the day. Consideration & kindness please.
6. Trash & Recycle: Trash and Recycle, including all open bottles & diapers, must be removed daily. Failure to do so, will invite infestation. If you infest property, you are responsible for it’s restoration. Trash is along the street. Recycle is along the driveway. Trash bags have been provided to you.
7. Well: We use an expensive filtration system on the property to ensure top quality water for you. No chemical soup here. We use 2 large, 10 yr filters, 1 micron & 5 micron filters. Still, you may see a trace amount of yellow from iron in our water. You CANNOT REMOVE THE YELLOW BY RUNNING & RUNNING THE WATER, YOU ARE ONLY DAMAGING OUR WELL! We are an ECO Retreat. If you consume so much water during your stay as to turn the water orange, you have damaged our well. You will automatically be charged a fee of $500 for someone to come out on an emergency basis to change both 10 yr filters so everyone may again have clean water. Please respect our Mother Gaia. You did choose to stay at an ECO Nature Reserve.
8. Fighting: No fighting, loud arguing or violence of any kind will be tolerated. It disturbs the peace & enjoyment of everyone. Consideration for others, please.
9. Responsibility: 1.You are responsible for the actions of everyone in your party including your Children & dog(s). 2.It is your responsibility to notify me of any issue that may arise during your stay concerning your services, accommodations, another guest, etc. I can only resolve a situation if it is brought to my attention.
10. Respect: Respect the rights to peace & quiet enjoyment of ALL others, including your Host. If you need anything, please let us know.
11. ID & Security: Present Govt ID when you arrive. We keep a copy of it for your security and safety during your stay. It is destroyed when you leave.
12. Arrival: No arrivals after 9pm please. We do not want to disturb other Guests.
13. Utilities: We are an ECO Nature Reserve. Our Guests are encouraged not to use utilities unless they are necessary. A/C units, heaters, etc should never be left to run unless it is summer and comfort necessary for all. Guests may not run air conditioners, heaters, irons, water, etc. while not in residence. Please remember our Mother Gaia. Guests may be fined up to $30 per day.
14. ECO: We provide sound machines to our Guests for comfort. Kitchen and bath exhaust fans remove odors ONLY and are not white-noise machines. If run constantly, they only serve to remove all heat and air conditioning from the home. This is an ECO Retreat. Guests may be charged up to $30 per day for running exhaust fans.
15. Security: Lock your doors. Your security is important.
16. Safety: Use lights on all stairs, indoor & outdoor, after dark. Safety 1st please.
17. Pay It Forward Cleaning: Guests pay ZERO CLEANING FEESCLEANING+CHOICE. Your accommodation is to be returned to it's original condition when you depart. (We don’t expect you to thoroughly clean.) This was always your responsibility. But, Covid-19 has pushed some responsibility back to the Guests again. Because you don’t want to pay cleaning fees not even for professional Covid-19 sanitizing fees, we have charged you a $0 cleaning fees. The actual cost of cleaning your rented apartment or cottage is $150 or $30 per hour for professional covid-19 sanitizing & cleaning of entire home. Prior to your departure, you will receive instructions which explain a proper covid-free checkout including: bagging your bedding, towels & dog covers, leaving out all used dishes, pots & pans, etc. for sanitizing, wiping down counters & appliances you have used, taking out trash & recycle and taking all of your belongings and food with you. These procedures are simple & all that we require. If you choose not to complete them when you checkout, you are responsible for pmt to our cleaning crew who will perform these chores on your behalf as we simply can’t pay to have them done for you. The following items are also billable at $30 per hour as they are inconsistent with normal cleaning protocols: 1)leaving 50%+ dishes out for sanitizing 2)dirty dishes 3)dirty appliances & counters 4)soiled bedding, towels & dog bedding not bagged 4)trash not removed 5)food & recycle not removed, etc. 6)A/C unit(s) running (automatic charge of $30). We will bill you to complete these, “Guest” tasks at a rate of $30 per hour. You have not prepaid for these services and they are not included in the cost of the accommodations. You may also pre-pay these services if you wish. Thanks to all of our Wonderful Guests for their cooperation during this difficult time.
18. Plumbing: No wipes of any kind. Not even if they claim to be "flushable wipes". They cannot be flushed into 1930's plumbing. This includes baby wipes, make up wipes, feminine products, ice packs, etc. Toilet paper only. Guests may not clog sinks by removing strainers. Guests may not alter plumbing fixtures. Guests will be responsible for emergency plumbing repair for flushed prohibited items, altered plumbing fixtures and clogged drains.
19. Vehicles: One car per guest or couple. If you need an exception or have an oversized vehicle, please contact us in advance.
20. Candles: No candles, NONE. We have provided battery operated candles.
21. Storage: If you need to store any large item such as a trailer or bike, please contact me in advance of reservation.
22. Injury: No unsafe actions of any kind that can result in injury to yourself & others or damage.
23. Additional Guests: No additional guests may be invited without our prior knowledge due to safety and security of all Guests.
24. Emergency: Few things are an emergency after 9pm. In case of emergency, ring bell on side of home.
25. Weapons & Illegal Activity: NO weapons, illegal drugs, or illegal activity of any kind, including fraudulent activity.
26. Mail: You may never receive your mail or grocery delivery as this is a temporary home.
27.Check-out: Checkout time is at 11:00am unless you have made other arrangements. Failure to checkout by 12pm, will result in an additional day charge.
28. Simply put, rural settings like ours and high speed fiber connections are mutually exclusive. This is the Country, we have no fiber connection available to us. Instead, we offer top of the line MiFI by Att: WIFI: Fast, reliable WIFI with unlimited data. Gaming is not possible, but constant video connect and Netflix, etc. is fine. Several devices can be connected at the same time. 5G here is limited. 2.4 Ghz is much more dependable. Still, it is possible that your connection may buffer or disconnect then reconnect immediately during your stay. If this does not meet your needs, kindly reserve at a tiny hotel room vs our WHOLE HOME ACCOMMODATIONS as you cannot force a city – fiber connection into a beautiful Country setting. We are so much more than a WIFI connection. Our Mifi service is expensive and we pay it for you. You are certainly not required to use it. Please feel free to bring your own WIFI device. If our unit is removed or damaged, you are responsible for it.
29. STR: Please note that your stay here does not constitute, imply or form a lease or contract. We provide Short Term Rentals only or STR’s, less than 1 yr. We are not landlords. You are not a tenant when you rent an STR. You cannot make an application for an apartment or home by renting an STR. We do not rent any accommodations to tenants. Your STR ends on the final day that you have paid to stay. You will not be given an option to continue your stay here as a tenant, following your STR. Your stay will not convert to a lease.
30. Snow & Ice: Just like Home. We are not responsible for acts of God. We do not work in the dark or clear near your car. We will clear the lots when the snow stops falling. It is impossible for us to provide clearing services specific to your work schedule. We do provide rock salt and shovels for you. We ask that you have reasonable expectations regarding mother nature. We will certainly provide assistance for you.
31. 3rd Party Services: We provide you with top-of-the-line services available in our area. However, we are limited to what is available to us. We are not responsible for the delivery, quality and timing of each 3rdparty service as we are not the provider. These include but are not limited to Dish, WiFi, Trash, Recycle, snow plowing, etc. We will certainly intervene to ensure you receive the highest quality service available from the provider. But, we cannot be held responsible for the delivery of another provider’s service.
Many thanks for respecting our rules. Please enjoy the Peace & Quiet of your stay. We are here to answer your questions and concerns, always.
Date__________, I, __________________________________, agree to abide by the terms set forth here in this House Rules & Manual which form the basis of a Rental Agreement.
SanctuaryoftheSwan.com House Rules/House Manual rolled into 1 otherwise known as:
This website bakes cookies.